Lothar Geilen Elected to the CITA Bureau Permanent
|Contact: Lothar GeilenPhone: (954) 667-7740Fax: (860) 392-2105||FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE3:00 p.m. EDT, May 17, 2013|
Lothar Geilen was elected to the CITA Bureau Permanent (BP) at the 2013 CITA General Assembly and Conference in Seville, Spain this week.
The function of the CITA Bureau Permanent is managing the association and providing strategic direction between General Assemblies.
“I am honored by the opportunity to join the Bureau Permanent”, said Mr. Geilen. “Advancing the art and science of vehicle inspection is crucial to improving road safety and air quality. This election represents the confidence that the CITA membership has in Opus’ role in the global vehicle inspection industry. I look forward to working with my fellow BP members.”
CITA is the international association of public and private sector organizations actively performing mandatory inspection of in-service motor vehicles and their trailers. CITA:
- develops best practice recommendations and draft international standards;
- co-ordinates research, studies and investigations;
- organizes conferences and seminars; aand
- works to improve and harmonies:
- inspection methods, standards and equipment;
- quality control, quality assurance and accreditation;
- training for inspectors; and
- information systems used to improve inspection consistency and effectiveness.
More information about CITA can be found on its website, http://www.cita-vehicleinspection.org
Opus Inspection is part of the Opus Group and provides turnkey vehicle inspection program management contract services to various levels of government agencies (federal, state and regional) and world-class products to individual inspection stations. Opus’ share is listed on First North Premier (Stockholm Stock Exchange) under the ticker OPUS.