Opus Inspection implements quality assurance and quality control processes for our government clients that:
- Set attainable performance standards;
- Determine how those standards are best attained;
- Specify step-by-step, written procedures for attaining those standards;
- Assess where those standards are not being met (through auditing), and;
- Improve our processes continuously to correct for changes imposed on the system and for any shortfalls inherent in our design.
Opus Inspection’s approach to quality management ensures that our clients can effectively oversee their inspection programs by:
- Controlling all aspects of the work through the prevention of variance from our contractual requirements (via a robust QA/QC program);
- Detecting any possible shortfalls (through auditing of the entire inspection system); and,
- Immediately formulating and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
Our QA/QC program covers the entire vehicle inspection system: from Opus Inspection company processes and the uVID through inspection station processes and lane equipment – with all of these being governed by continuously improved corporate processes – and ultimately, by our contract. Opus Inspection’s system automatically records QA/QC conformance in real-time. The uVID (Unified Vehicle Inspection Database) automatically produces periodic conformance reports developed with methods, presentation, and formats approved by the client. Our inspection equipment automatically records the data necessary for those reports and transmits those data to the uVID as soon as it is collected, and our auditing team provides an impartial assessment of our program to help ensure Opus Inspection can continue to claim the highest quality vehicle inspection programs in the world.
Opus Inspection’s Comprehensive Quality Plan addresses:
- Classroom and hands-on training;
- Inspector testing/evaluation;
- Equipment Maintenance;
- Calibration methods and intervals;
- Periodic Performance Audits;
- Comprehensive Inspection Network Consistency Audit;
- Covert Vehicle Audit;
- Covert Visual Audit;
- Overt Station Audit;
- Digital Auditing/Triggers;
- Statistical Process Control (SPC);
- Periodic Quality Reporting; and,
- Archiving of Data and Reports.
Opus Inspection’s reporting suite measures quality assurance program data in real-time, including every test record, calibration record, audit report, triggers result, or other parameter. Not only are our clients able to view all the program data and information, they also have access to a wealth of analytical tools that make management and oversight of the program highly efficient. Our reporting system includes:
- Reports on vehicle tests, equipment reliability, calibration, security, record keeping, etc., with triggers to immediately report any apparent problem;
- Government required and Opus Inspection prescribed QA reports, to be provided on a monthly or on an as-requested basis; and,
- An array of special, prescribed government and US EPA reports to support program management and evaluation.
Our experience in this regard is without equal. In close collaboration with our clients we have implemented easily understood reports to evaluate the operation and effectiveness of many of North America’s most successful I/M programs.