Since 1995, Opus Inspection’s subsidiary, Envirotest, has been a proud partner of the DelDOT inspection program. We provide the equipment and maintenance of systems that analyze vehicle exhaust and fuel systems. The company also provides analyzer software that is used to capture the safety inspection results.
The following tests are conducted on eligible vehicles in the Delaware program:
- 1997 and newer vehicles receive an OBD-II test.
- 1981 and newer receive a two-speed exhaust emissions test.
- 1980 model year and older receive curb idle tests
- 1996 model and older receive a test of the fuel system for leaks
- VIN verification is done on the newest five model year vehicles that are being titled for the first time in Delaware
For Specific program information, please go to http://www.dmv.de.gov/services/vehicle_services/other/ve_other_general.shtml.