In 2007, Opus Inspection implemented the Metro Nashville Vehicle Inspection Program, including facilities, equipment, and complete integrated operations, including:
- 630,000 inspections performed annually;
- 575,000 certifications issued annually;
- 6 facilities and 36 vehicle test lanes;
- 60 vehicle inspectors;
- Fully automated inspection systems;
- Real-time communication of all inspection-related data with all inspection lanes;
- Integrated vehicle registration services; and,
- Mobile inspection systems.
To implement the program, Opus Inspection launched facility renovations with additional inspection lanes, fresh landscaping, and new signage. This updated program included the implementation of new vehicle inspection systems and a complete vehicle inspection database. We continue to operate and maintain this inspection program which is our largest in terms of people employed.
Our Nashville locations now offer a “one-stop-shop” for vehicle registration, offering registration renewal services right in the inspection lane. Motorists find this efficient service to be very convenient, saving them an extra trip to the registration office.
Opus Inspection also provides mobile inspection units to serve fleet operators and motorists in remote areas of the county.