In 2007, Opus Inspection implemented the State of Missouri Gateway Vehicle Inspection Program in a time frame of less than five months. Opus Inspection operation included:
- 1 million inspections performed annually;
- 900,000 certifications issued annually;
- 812 vehicle test lanes;
- 4,200 vehicle inspectors;
- Fully automated inspection systems;
- Real-time communication of all inspection-related data with all inspection lanes;
- Integrated vehicle registration services; and,
- Integrated safety inspection software.
Opus Inspection implemented this decentralized program with several important features:
- Electronic, real-time verification of safety and emissions inspections for the Missouri Department of Revenue, Division of Motor Vehicles fee offices who contract with the state to conduct vehicle registrations;
- State-of-the-art fraud prevention including automated VIN mismatch detection and biometric inspector authentication;
- Competitive pricing; and,
- Responsive technical support within one business day or less.
The Opus contract ended in early 2017.